Sunday, May 21, 2006

Someone out there thinks I'm important

I don't really have a story to tell, but this is something that I keep telling myself that I should write up. Why? Because it's cute and it amuses me.

I was chatting with Jon as usual, and he mentioned that he had few real female friends. Few enough to count on two hands. Just in case, I checked to see that I'm on one of those ten fingers, and he assured me that I was. In fact, I'm either his "thumb or middle finger". I was pleasantly surprised to hear an assignment of fingers. Most people don't do that, but as Jon says, "impt people get impt fingers."

I could be awfully paranoid, and ask if the thumb and middle finger are the most important. I didn't. I'd like to think that someone out there thinks that I'm important to them. I know I'm not lying to myself. And just in case he didn't know, Jon's important to me too. There, I hope he doesn't get upset about me relating this little story to you.

No comments: