Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wet snow

Wet snow looks surreal falling. It doesn't float down lightly, it doesn't just fall. It looks like white rain falling in slow motion, and makes you feel like time scales have somewhat changed.

It would be nice to recapture all those fleeting thoughts I had today, and really think them through. They were pleasant topics about life and living, but like always, conversations are too brief, and my attention span is too short to savor the ideas. Writing things out is important to me, to really be able to focus on that one thought and see the next step in my mind. I usually don't know where I'll end up next, but it's a stream of conscious thing, putting your finger on the object and caressing it, leaning your head against the wall and feeling the cool and rough surface.

I would prefer to keep my entries light and funny, but somehow it doesn't seem to be happening. The enjoyment of certain pleasures requires a serious outlook. Food, smells, friendly conversation and the feeling in the air. A quiet moment every once in a while to just feel the now, to travel back to the recent past and let the memory emerge from the folds of stored time, or to just plunge into daydreams. Only once in a while though, fortunately or unfortunately. The inner peace doesn't last, and life must go on.

No comments: