Tuesday, November 13, 2007

woohoo!

My computer died on the last Thursday of September, and finally today I have a new computer of my own. I've been borrowing a department laptop for over a month, and while it was helpful, it was also annoying that I couldn't install anything. It was an older computer so everything was a little out of date, including virus protection. It was slightly disturbing.

I've gone back to a PC. It was a hard decision to make until the tech guy in the department told me that if I were to buy a Mac, I really should go for a MacBook Pro, coz the MacBooks have inferior hardware. It was a hardware problem that sank the last notebook, and while I know I probably got a lemon, I can't face a Mac again for now. That pretty much settled it.

So hurray! I can use hyperlinks in my posts again, and the first article I'm linking is The Economic Consequences of Mr Bush. I know it's great -- a Vanity Fair magazine article by a Nobel laureate.

No comments: