Saturday, June 03, 2006

things happen

I shall admit that I listen to country music, because I find the lyrics somewhat down-to-earth and appealing. The song I'm thinking of today is "Here in the Real World" by Alan Jackson.

Cowboys don't cry, and heroes don't die
Good always wins, again and again
Love is a sweet dream that always comes true
Oh, if life were like the movies, I'd never be blue

June 03, 2006

--- *** ---
I don't remember why I wrote the above paragraphs anymore. I don't think I will recall it ever. I may find something else related to the above that I can write about in the near future, but chances are that I'll simply forget that I ever wrote it. Already, I read previously written prose and wonder how I could have ever come up with them. I can probably try to recall the circumstances under which I wrote, but it's impossible to recreate that exact mood that I was in when I was writing. It was a rainy morning, and I was having coffee at my desk. But what was I feeling? I didn't have time to record it before I was interrupted. Now, I shall never know what was going on, except that I was thinking of a song by Alan Jackson.

The world doesn't strike me as being very real. Real meaning full of the tragedy of the human condition. Most of the time, things are just ridiculous in some way or another. To be ridiculous is human? To be sad is to be real? Am I a Schopenhauer incarnate because I think that sadness is the true form of life? Yes, I am particularly susceptible to the pessimistic school of philosophers despite my blessed situation. I'm not ungrateful. It just happens.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think sadness is A true form of life, but not THE true form of life. Either the glass is half full or empty, it's your perception. I perceive my life to be happy despite many obstacles, and my life is happy.

Aloha,

Jeff