Saturday, March 01, 2008

More about food in Harvard Square

I had a craving today (yes, another one) -- I wanted a cream cheese brownie. I decided to give ABP another go. I walked there, stared at the small selection for about a minute and walked away. The memory of that chocolate cornmeal muffin haunted me.

There were 2 other possible baked goods places in Harvard Square a year ago -- the Greenhouse cafe, and another Cafe Paradiso or something like that. They are both gone this year.

I tried Starbucks, but nothing looked delicious. Where else?

There was only one place left -- Dunkin Donuts. Yes, I am serious. I just wanted something delicious, and it didn't have to be a cream cheese brownie anymore. I bought a chocolate glazed donut for 89 cents at Dunkin Donuts. Light sugar crust, soft cakey mild chocolate donut. It wasn't overwhelmingly sweet. It was perfect for 89 cents.

I think I'll be going to Dunkin Donuts for my sweet fix next time. I discovered that they also sell chocolate muffins. All they need to do is use donut batter and add chocolate chips and that should be a perfect chocolate muffin.

American Runs on Dunkin? I wonder why.

No comments: